History of our Parish

Astley Bridge was still a village in 1877. The few Catholics of the district attended St Mary’s Church, Bolton and the children walked daily to St Mary’s School. It was considered that the time had come to have a church school of their own. Their faith and courage seemed to out run their prudence; but their long-term planning was justified by the results.

To continue reading, click here: